Wednesday, July 3, 2013

MIDNIGHT MADNESS

Due to my current unemployment situation I have had a lot of free time on my hands...well as much free time a married mother of two can have.  My current employment status has allowed me the time I've been craving to begin new projects, and to complete the ones I had permanently filed away on my "to do" list. 

My first project came to me in the middle of the night.  It started as a whisper that quickly grew into a resounding crescendo in my brain..."Upcycle...DIY".  What did these words mean?  "Go to your closet." I obeyed the voice mostly out of curiosity.  What would I possibly find in a closet adorned with pre-pregnancy apparel? 

As I examined my closet's contents I saw it...the Holy Grail of DIY projects...a previously upcycled denim shirt I converted into a vest.  What to do...what to do..I can't sew.  How could I improve upon a garment (that I am quite proud of I may add), without spending any cash; and then it hit me...BLEACH TIE-DYE.  Eureka!  I had found a solution to both my midnight boredom and a way to silence that maddening "resounding crescendo".  I watched a few YouTube videos for research before tucking myself in.

The next day I woke up with great expectation, I gathered all my supplies and attempted my bleaching project.  I didn't measure anything, I simply winged it, and although it did not turn out the way I had envisioned, I must say I like it, and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment